Facebook gets a lot of bad press at times but today I’m loving it! By playing games on the site I have become friends with people from all across the world. One of them is my good buddy Milton, in good old US of A! Last night he posted the glorious photo above and I immediately asked for the recipe and permission to post it to our blog. Thankfully he and his very clever mom agreed. 😄
So without further ado I give you the glorious Ms. Jenny’s Stuffed Peppers!
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 cup water
6 green bell peppers
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender
Milton, thanks a bunch buddy and keep up the willpower!
Would also like to take the opportunity to say thank you to all the people that have “dropped by” this blog in its first week and those of you following. It’s really encouraging! Thank you, we really appreciate it…